Blog Writing for Top SEO Results
With Google making constant changes and making keyword data harder to come by, it might be best for marketers to take a step back and remember the SEO basics. Although search engines are evolving daily, the core elements of getting your content found have stayed consistent.
Below are some tips to follow to optimize your blog posts and increase your SEO ranking.
- Quality and Unique Content-Content is the most important part of the SEO process. You can have an aesthetically appealing web page, but without compelling and unique content, your website will lose its credibility. The same goes for incorporating content within your blog posts. Be sure to write keyword rich content that appeals to your audience. Always aim to include keywords that users would typically put in search engines. However, avoid getting penalized by search engines by “keyword stuffing”.
- Use Keywords as Blog Topics- To increase website traffic, turn keywords into blog topics. Start with a topic you really want to use to increase your SEO ranking. Then, put yourself into the shoes of your audience. What would they search for that will direct them to you? What questions can you help answer? What difficulties can you inform them about? Why should they choose you over anyone else?
- Key Phrases not Just Key Words- Recently, keywords are turning into “keyword phrases”. People are putting full sentences or long phrases in search engines to look for the content they need. Because of this, Google has adjusted their algorithm to better fit conversational questions created by users. This is great news for blogs, which are specifically designed by nature to be educational, answer questions, and supply background information. Also, this change gives bloggers a “shopping list” of search-friendly posts to write about.
- Enhance Blog Post with Headlines and URLS- Once you have written your blog, make sure you create headlines that are unique and attention grabbing. Keywords work very well when they are at the front of the headline. For example, if you’re trying to rank content about apple juice: “Apple Juice: What You Need to Know” will get more hits than, “What You Need to Know About Apple Juice.” Try out different headlines to see which style produces the most traffic for your blog and web page. Headlines like, “8 Tips to Enhance Your Blog Posts,” are very common and tend to draw more attention.
- Short Descriptive Titles – Make headlines unique, but keep them short–around 65 characters or less– so that they do not get abbreviated in search engine results.
The same concept applies for positioning keywords in your URL. Place keywords in your URL early and space them out with dashes.
Quick Tips to Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts
Below are some simple and quick tips to keep in mind when writing blogs:
- Take ownership of your blog on Google
- Incorporate and research keywords
- Link with external helpful research
- Interlink your blogs with keywords
- Exercise the use of categories and tags
- Reply to comments left by users
- Add related posts
- Add Images to your blogs
- Allow your blog to be shared on social media websites
- Use keywords all throughout your blog post
Remember, how well your blog will do solely depends on its content. Creating content that is unique and provides value and answers will increase your SEO ranking. Be engaging, shareable, and useful, and SEO will follow. Getting some SEO blog writing training from an expert source is well worth the time and expense.
Call Einstein SEO (763) 951-2200 today with any questions. Let the trusted professionals help you achieve success !